Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Really Reliable Recall

Peanut started Really Reliable Recall class Tuesday at Lollypop Farm. I wanted to enroll her in this class for her own safety. Peanut loves to run and shes very fast. She has slipped away from me a few times outside and every time she does I am so afraid she is going to get hit by a car. Our first class went well, we practiced outside which is great since it offers lots of distractions for her. We practiced coming in a fenced in area and on a 40 ft. lead. I made sure I had some great treats with me but still sometimes she would rather see what everyone else is doing than come to me. The instructor told us that the key to getting them to come when called is you have to be more fun than what ever they are currently doing. They called this "Having a Party" So I have to be more fun than a squirrel!? That's going to be a challenge. Our homework for the first class is to write down all of the toys and activities our dogs like so that they can be used as distractions in upcoming classes.
Peanut sniffing a donkey after class!

No comments:

Post a Comment