Saturday, June 4, 2011

City Solve Urban Race



Today was City Solve Urban Race in Rochester. The Lollypop Young Professionals helped organize run this event. It started off at Murphys Law and thats where me and the young professional volunteers set up our head quarters. This is the 5th time the race has visited Rochester. I was happily surprised at how many people braved the rainy weather today. About 180 people showed up which I think is a pretty good size for Rochester.

One of the best parts of the day was the costume contest!

The Pink Slips - Teachers do it with class!

Where's Waldo

Costume Contest Winners

The Winners! Team Hamburglers

 The participants got the first clue in Murphys Law and then were off to find the first check in point with all of their clues. They had 7 places to find and have their pictures taken in front, they also had to spell out Rochester with their bodies in front of a local land mark and find a teeth whitening product. For bonus points they could bring back Rochester post cards or get one picture with a dog and a cat in it. Team Hamburglers ran the entire way and had the best time by far! I would guess at least 20 minutes.

Me & My Awesome Cazbah Volunteers!
I had an awesome time. I can't think of a more fun way to raise money for nonprofits. Thank you City Solve for choosing Lollypop Farm. I'm already looking forward to volunteering next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment