Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Collecting Cans for Bfest

Thats what $200 in cans looks like!
Part of the secret to my success last year for Barktober Fest was collecting cans. It sounds ridiculous but it does actually add up. At least $600 of my total last year came from cans. Now I did have a connection and the recycling center that would let me collect cans there but some of just came from my house, friends, and my office. Don't get me wrong returning the cans at times was really gross but people can be more willing to give up their recycling then money sometimes.

I've started early this year collecting cans. Right now its just from a few friends, my office, my moms office and home but it does add up quick. I returned $17 worth of cans the other night. I hope this year to be the #1 Barktober Fest individual fundraiser but the competition is steep!

2 comments:

  1. When I worked at a call center, I would walk the lanes in the building during break gathering cans for gas money! Not that I couldn't gas up my car, but it was exercise and fun :)
    Beer ones are the WORST - yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I hate returning beer cans, they are soo sticky and smelly. They make my car smell awful! I started to wear big yellow rubber gloves when I would return cans at the supermarket.

    ReplyDelete