Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Best Christmas Gifts for your Dogs

Of course I buy Christmas presents for my dogs. I love buying new dog toys and treats! Right now my favorite dog toy is the Kong Wobbler. The wobbler is a fantastic toy because it is really interactive and I love interactive toys because they mentally tire your dog out. A tired dog is a well behaved dog…. for the most part. For most dogs you could put their dog food in the wobbler and they will play with it to get the food out. Bailey on the other hand is a treat snob. He wants cheese preferably cheddar. I don’t bother to mix the cheese with dog food or any other treats because he will just pick the cheese out. I recommend this toy to everyone. I think it is a fantastic product especially for those of us with high energy dogs that need to be entertained constantly.
Bully sticks also make great dog Christmas presents. A bully stick is a dehydrated bulls penis. Sounds awful but dogs love them! Warning: may give your dog very stinky farts! Bully sticks are much better for your dogs than rawhides. Rawhides are often very salty making your dog drink water. The problem with this is that the rawhide can get lodged in their stomach and expand with water creating a blockage. If you insist on giving your dogs rawhides make sure they are made in the USA. Rawhides made out side of the US may contain certain chemicals that are not good for your dog.

5 comments:

  1. I think Rudy needs one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of these...but does it come smaller. Cookie is only a 16 pound shih tzu. I think my cat would like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Currently there is no smaller size wobbler but I think there should be! Peanut is about 12 pounds and she is really good at it. Since Cookie is low to the floor she might need a smaller one. Bailey is about 10 pounds and he pushes it with his nose instead of his paws. We should suggest that to Kong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Sue's cat would fight her dog for playing with this. Poor Phargle is a dog stuck in a cat's body. LOL

    ReplyDelete