Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Trying a New Dog Food

I'm always looking for high quality dog food for Peanut & Bailey and recently I discovered The Honest Kitchen. I had heard of this food once before from someone at a local Rochester dog event but that was about it. After looking up some information about it online I found a great website that sold it http://www.hipgreenpet.com/. I received a few samples to try out with the dogs and cats to see how they like it. Peanut loved it right away, Bailey was a little unsure. Bailey smelled it, licked it then tried to stick his head in the bowl but ultimately didn't eat much of it. I think if I introduced this food slowly he would eventually really like it.

The reason why I wanted to try this food is because it is human grade quality and very good for the animals. The food is dehydrated so it retains all of the valuable nutrients. Regular dog kibble is baked and the high temperatures used to bake it destroy a lot of the foods nutritional value.

I also received a sample of Prowl The Honest Kitchens cat food. I have three cats the youngest is about 7 the oldest close to 13. They are all very picky eaters. They checked the new food out but then demanded their regular dry food.

No comments:

Post a Comment